Saturday, January 12, 2008

Friday Night Flinkets

When our guys were in high school, we used to love the 10 o'clock news with their Friday Night Flights coverage of the football games. We also had a little in-house joke that when you had a restless feeling, you had the flinkets. I think last night I had the Friday Night Flinkets. After a great week with the team here, we got home late then had a quick but excellent dinner of tomato basil soup, stir fry, and Spam sandwiches then settled down in the living room and started flipping through the channels. Nothing. When we heard the first few explitives fly out of Nicholas Cage's mouth in Trapped in Paradise, we jointlly decided, "This is definitely not what I had in mind for entertainment." I looked around--I had letters to write, a map lying in the living room floor I wanted to frame...but somehow that wasn't it either. We came in the office and downloaded some of Hayden's pictures we hadn't seen before and that WAS entertaining, but it really made me miss him. Flinkets rising and I started feeling my energy draining. I don't know if anyone reads this but our friend Jerry (thanks, Jerry!) but I want to archive this for myself--Flinkets are the call of my heavenly Father who wants me to retreat under the shadow of His wing where He wants to love me, direct me, and encourage me. Now that's not "trapped" but it is "paradise".

No comments: